Sunday, June 27, 2010

North Park Lake

I have lived in Pittsburgh since I was 5 years old. My Dad worked for Heinz and was transferred here from Chicago. Soon after moving here my Dad found North Park. He loved the park! He was a big hiker and loved climbing the hills throughout the woods. I have a lot of memories of my Dad and I walking many miles through those woods. We would find all kind of things, include grave sites. He handed down the love affair to me. Not a week goes by that I am not at the park. Mostly now with my dogs. I have walked many miles throughout those woods with my dogs and we too have found many things along the way, including new grave sites.

The park has a man-made lake that is going through a much needed re-vitalization. The lake really wasn't much of a lake in the last 10 years. It has filled up with silt and you could basically walk across it. It is now being dredged and will be a lake again. They are just in the beginning stages and should finish next year. There is so much dirt to remove! It will be interesting seeing their progress. So below are some pics of the very beginning stages.

No comments:

Post a Comment